Home Hand PrintRecipes Hand Print5dinners1hour Hand PrintProjects Hand PrintReviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012


I wrote out my Weekly Menu Plan and grocery list yesterday and headed for the store. The trip was relatively easy since I knew exactly what I was buying and had my list in hand {which I never have}. It would have been easier if I was at 'My Kroger' but since I had errands to run on another side of town I had to go to a different Kroger so I was a bit lost in looking for some things.

When I got home I put everything away and started dinner for that night which was simply Tomato Bisque and homemade croutons. Kroger has a VERY delicious creamy tomato bisque that they sell - our entire family LOVES it! {And it's WAY cheaper than buying us all soup bowls at Panera} Then I just buy a loaf of some type of fresh bread like sour dough and chop it into big chunks spray with a ton of olive oil spray, sprinkle some garlic salt and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Once dinner was done, I cleaned up the bowls and started my meals for the week at 6:30. I definitely made some mistakes my first time around {like next time I will trim all of my chicken at once and have it ready to go} but it was still SUPER easy and I had 3 full meals completely prepped in 20 minutes! One meal is a crock pot meal so I will throw that together tonight and plug in Wednesday morning. Then 10 minutes to clean everything up. Not bad! Not bad at all.

This weeks menu:

Monday:
Kroger's Creamy Tomato Bisque with homemade croutons

Tuesday: Chicken Parmesan via Skinnytaste

Wednesday: French Dip Sandwiches via Melissa's Bargains

Thursday: Sweet & Tangy Chicken via Syrup & Biscuits
Friday: Cheddar & Cracker Chicken via What's Cookin' Chicago

Saturday: Mini Melts via Cooking Unbound {These are absolutely delicious!}

I haven't really planned Sunday yet...I have some things in the house that I can choose from or we will end up eating out either Friday or Saturday and have one of those meals.

1 comment:

  1. Woot!! Awesome start! Good for you!! Love, love, love hearing when someone gives the weekly meal prep idea a try!!
    I adore the ham sliders!! They are so easy and so good right?!!

    ReplyDelete