Home Hand PrintRecipes Hand Print5dinners1hour Hand PrintProjects Hand PrintReviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lessons learned...

When I planned this weeks menu I didn't check our calendar to see what else we had going on. I planned a new item that was going to require extra prep work. Then on my regular cooking/prep day I had a work thing pop up and didn't have time to go shopping that night.

Tuesday, I did go shopping but had forgotten that my oldest had a hair appointment so I ended up getting home later than usual. PLUS, I made our leftover menu item more complicated by getting 'fancy' and making it into barbacoa beef flautas. It took way more prep time than necessary and I could have just made plain ol' tacos.

I didn't get done cooking the weeks menu until 8pm and was just exhausted when I was done; although I was HAPPY to still have done it. Later that evening we realized that we had other things going on. So this week every night I've switched items around to go with our schedule.

Lesson Learned?
Well; from now on I will check the calendar to see if we have extra things going on and if we do I will make sure to only prep easy things for the week.

I've been tested in week 3 but I feel I passed. I didn't give in to the temptation of just running out and picking up some fast food and I stuck to the plan. Even though I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you adjusting and overcoming!! It can be hard especially at first!!

    ReplyDelete